Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by John Mani <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/22 18:59:51 UTC

Should I migrate from Tomahawk to Trinidad ?

Hi

We are using MyFaces and the Tomohawk components in our web apps. For the
next
version, we're looking at updating our UI.

Should we be looking at Trinidad - as the next evolution of the Tomohawk
components ?

Is it stable enough for a product release sometime early next year (Feb,
Mar) ?

When is the first release of Trinidad expected ?

thanx
-jm

Re: Should I migrate from Tomahawk to Trinidad ?

Posted by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com>.
Much of the Trinidad documentation can be derived from the Oracle ADF Faces
documentation.  There have some been a number of components and classes
renamed but much of the overall concepts are the same.  The ADF Faces
components were donated to Apache and were then renamed to Trinidad.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/faq_adffaces_apache.html

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/doc/tagdoc/core/imageIndex.html

Posted by John Mani <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
regarding the PPR,
that *technology* was first done with Adf Faces (Trinidad).
The name PPR was chosen, because ajax was only used for cleaning at that time :)
it uses Iframe because xhr was not there (or common)

-M

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 11/22/06, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> > Should we be looking at Trinidad - as the next evolution of the Tomohawk
> > components ?
>
> Looking into Trinidad is wroth, but Trinidad is not the "Tomahawk 2.0".
> Tomahawk is the original jsf component from the myfaces community.
> That community was growing so far; we got new libs:

Yep, we can't emphasize this enough!  Trinidad is not the next
evolution of Tomahawk, and it is intended to be complimentary, not
exclusionary.  There is a bunch of overlap, and a long-term goal of
all of us in MyFaces should be building a best-of-breed next generation
component set (not, IMO, just picking and choosing among the
components).  But our short-term goal on the Trinidad side is
getting a real versioned release out and getting out of Incubator - before
those happen issues of coming together are all academic!

Cheers,
Adam Winer

-Tobago

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.