Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/12/26 22:48:28 UTC

Issue with merging release with trunk

Hi,

Can someone be kind enough to run this from the base of a  clean checked out trunk and mail the output to the list.

svn --dry-run merge https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/sdk/branches/release4.9

This is a dry run so no changes will occur it will just tell you what changes will occur.

I've run it several times but I keep getting this error:
SSL handshake failed: Broken pipe (https://svn.apache.org)

I'd assume it's my current slow connection that causing an issue.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Issue with merging release with trunk

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Those files that were already changed probably aren't in the commit for the
> merge since there were no diffs.
But as they were initially modified their history would of been carried over into the release branch when I created it, so don't think we've lost any history.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/28/12 9:09 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Did you revert the trunk checkins that shouldn't have been checked in?
>
> No just overrode anything in conflict with the release version, everything
> should of been in develop/release anyway. (ie same changes checked in twice)
Well, it leaves the history a bit off because it might fool someone else
into committing into trunk and it will only get checked in once, I think.
Those files that were already changed probably aren't in the commit for the
merge since there were no diffs.

But I guess it will be ok.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Issue with merging release with trunk

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
On 12/28/12 6:14 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I did a full checkout of trunk, and merge no longer gave that error but it
>> took so long it timed out.
> Looks like if you check out on people.a.o it works, I'll do a merge, check in
> and tag. Anything that in conflict I'll take the the release version (there a
> few things).
Excellent.  I'm pulling down trunk to run mustella.  Did you revert the

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I did a full checkout of trunk, and merge no longer gave that error but it
took so long it timed out.  There were tons of mustella updates because we
did all of the mustella test fixing in develop branch.

I think the right thing to do is for me to try to merge in the mustella
folder (maybe in chunks if it can't handle it) then see what else is
missing.

Somebody should revert the unintended checkins to trunk.  I can do it if
nobody else wants to.

-Alex

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Issue with merging release with trunk

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Issue with merging release with trunk

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I got the same error trying to do an svn update.  I am checking out trunk
now which seems to be working.  Then I'll try merge again, but it may not
finish before I stop for the night.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Issue with merging release with trunk

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.