Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/19 20:03:04 UTC

Concurrency annotations.

Hi,

On the Apache Commons dev ML, we are discussing which style of concurrency
annotations to add for 3.7.

HttpCore 4 used JCIP style annotations. In HttpCore, we have @Contract and
ThreadingBehavior. Can someone explain why the switch was made? I'd like to
present the HttpCore experience on the Commons ML. Unless someone wants to
reply there directly.

Thank you,
Gary

JUnit in Action, Second Edition

Spring Batch in Action
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Concurrency annotations.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2017-04-19 at 13:03 -0700, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On the Apache Commons dev ML, we are discussing which style of
> concurrency
> annotations to add for 3.7.
>
> HttpCore 4 used JCIP style annotations. In HttpCore, we have
> @Contract and
> ThreadingBehavior. Can someone explain why the switch was made? I'd
> like to
> present the HttpCore experience on the Commons ML. Unless someone
> wants to
> reply there directly.
>
> Thank you,
> Gary

Gary

The original JCIP style annotations had to be removed due to ASLv2
incompatibility with the license of the original work.

There is a corresponding Jira ticket in LEGAL.

Oleg