Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Carlo Politi <c_...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/21 13:59:04 UTC

Question about Life Cycle of Authenticator in Tomcat

Good day, I'm doing a thesis about the creation of a new kind of authenticator for Tomcat. I'd like to know which is the life cycle of an authenticator, what happens when an authenticator returns true or false, what kind of module invokes an authenticator. I hope someone can helps me. Thanks

      ___________________________________
L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail: http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Re: Question about Life Cycle of Authenticator in Tomcat

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hi,

you can find the current implemenation at package
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.
You can implement you own auth strategie as a context Valve.

<Context>
	<Valve className="xx.yyy.zzz" />
</Context>

Your class must be  implement the o.a.c.Authenticator interface.
Please, look at o.a.c.a.AuthenticatorBase  base auth class.

Regards
Peter