Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Jim Coburn <ji...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/30 23:52:31 UTC

Installation on a MacBook Air

Greetings, Can anyone provide simple instructions about how to install Open
NLP on a MacBook Air? I didn't see instructions here:
https://opennlp.apache.org/download.html. I've tried following these
instructions without success:
https://brewinstall.org/install-apache-opennlp-on-mac-with-brew/. Any help
would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jim Coburn

Re: Installation on a MacBook Air

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@rondhuit.com>.
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your interest in OpenNLP.

After you download OpenNLP from the download website, unzip it and move to the
directory (apache-opennlp-1.9.1). Then enter

$ ./bin/opennlp

You'll see the list of available commands:

OpenNLP 1.9.0. Usage: opennlp TOOL
where TOOL is one of:
   Doccat                            learned document categorizer
   DoccatTrainer                     trainer for the learnable document categorizer
   DoccatEvaluator                   Measures the performance of the Doccat model with the reference
data
   DoccatCrossValidator              K-fold cross validator for the learnable Document Categorizer
   DoccatConverter                   converts 20newsgroup data format to native OpenNLP format
   LanguageDetector                  learned language detector
   LanguageDetectorTrainer           trainer for the learnable language detector
   LanguageDetectorConverter         converts leipzig data format to native OpenNLP format
   LanguageDetectorCrossValidator    K-fold cross validator for the learnable Language Detector
   LanguageDetectorEvaluator         Measures the performance of the Language Detector model with
the reference data
   DictionaryBuilder                 builds a new dictionary
   SimpleTokenizer                   character class tokenizer
   :

Choose one of the commands, enter it after the main command, e.g.

$ ./bin/opennlp TokenNameFinder

Then you'll see simple help message.

Prerequisite: You need Java 1.8 or above.

Good luck!

Koji