Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by ab...@bellsouth.net on 2005/07/14 19:00:42 UTC

digester

Here is my example xml:

<example-xml>
  <tests>
     <test key="abc" value="a" />
     <test key="xyz" value="b />
</example-xml>

Java code snippet:

digester.addObjectCreate("example-xml/tests/", "Test.class");
digester.addCallMethod("example-xml/tests/test", "addTest", 2);
digester.addCallParam("example-xml/tests/test", 0, "key");
digester.addCallParam("example-xml/tests/test", 1, "value");

Test.addTest signature:
addTest(String key, String value)

This metod is never get called??? What I'm missing???

I guess I don't know how to handle attributes. I can change <test> related attributes to sub-elements and that will work but was hoping to figure out the solution with attributes?

I'd appreciate any response!!!

Thanks

Re: digester

Posted by sc...@sce.carleton.ca.
On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 13:00 -0400, abukh@bellsouth.net wrote:
>> Here is my example xml:
>>
>> <example-xml>
>>  <tests>
>>     <test key="abc" value="a" />
>>     <test key="xyz" value="b />
>> </example-xml>

Is this a copy&paste error or is the closing tag </tests> perhaps
missing in the original code, too?

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: digester

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 13:00 -0400, abukh@bellsouth.net wrote:
> Here is my example xml:
>
> <example-xml>
>   <tests>
>      <test key="abc" value="a" />
>      <test key="xyz" value="b />
> </example-xml>
>
> Java code snippet:
>
> digester.addObjectCreate("example-xml/tests/", "Test.class");
> digester.addCallMethod("example-xml/tests/test", "addTest", 2);
> digester.addCallParam("example-xml/tests/test", 0, "key");
> digester.addCallParam("example-xml/tests/test", 1, "value");
>
> Test.addTest signature:
> addTest(String key, String value)
>
> This metod is never get called??? What I'm missing???
>
> I guess I don't know how to handle attributes. I can change <test> related attributes to sub-elements
> and that will work but was hoping to figure out the solution with attributes?

It all looks fine to me. I don't see where the problem might be.

You might like to look at the examples which can be found in the source
download for digester, in src/examples.

The other thing to try is to enable logging output for digester (a very
useful tool for these sorts of problems). See the FAQ on the wiki:
  http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Digester/FAQ

Just for the future, it would help if your email subject was a little
more explicit, eg:
  [digester] problems passing attributes as parameters

This will allow people having similar problems in future to find this
thread in the email archives.

Regards,

Simon

Re: digester

Posted by Kyle Miller <ky...@sbcglobal.net>.

--- abukh@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Here is my example xml:
>
> <example-xml>
>   <tests>
>      <test key="abc" value="a" />
>      <test key="xyz" value="b />
    </tests>
> </example-xml>
>
> Java code snippet:
>
> digester.addObjectCreate("example-xml/tests/",
> "Test.class");
> digester.addCallMethod("example-xml/tests/test",
> "addTest", 2);
> digester.addCallParam("example-xml/tests/test", 0,
> "key");
> digester.addCallParam("example-xml/tests/test", 1,
> "value");
//As longs as the attributes are named the same as the
java properties
digester.addSetProperties("example-xml/tests/test");