Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Joshua Brickner <jo...@me.com> on 2009/12/15 22:18:37 UTC

Mac OS X 10.6 couchdb Error

I just built and installed CouchDB on Mac OS X 10.6 for the first time and I'm getting this error: http://pastie.org/744706

I'm not sure what to do next, any pointers?

- Josh

Re: Mac OS X 10.6 couchdb Error

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Joshua Brickner <jo...@me.com> wrote:
> I just built and installed CouchDB on Mac OS X 10.6 for the first time and I'm getting this error: http://pastie.org/744706
>
> I'm not sure what to do next, any pointers?
>
> - Josh

It means that you've got a set of dependencies that don't have a
common architecture build. Ie, at least one thing was built 32bit
only, and something else was built 64bit only.

I've seen this pop up fairly commonly with Erlang being the culprit.
There's a ./configure --enable-darwin-64bit or some such that turns on
the 64 bit build. If that's not the issue, then you can try looking
through the Homebrew formulas to see if you built something
differently than they did.

HTH,
Paul Davis