Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kent Boogaart <kb...@essential.com.au> on 2003/12/03 07:17:21 UTC

Jk2, IIS, BASIC Authorization problem

Hi,

I have my web app set up to require BASIC authorization for a subdirectory.
Everything works fine when running directly through Tomcat. However, when I
run via IIS (version 5 on a win 2000 machine) it does not work.

I have done some analysis and found that the Jk2 ISAPI filter appears to be
stripping the "authorization" header off the request. Does anyone have any
ideas how to work around this? I have read of other people having similar
difficulties with jk1 but the resolution does not apply to jk2.

Thanks for any help,
Kent