Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Murali G D <mu...@versa-networks.com> on 2014/03/20 02:19:50 UTC

Openstack notifications in JClouds

Hi,

Does jclouds have support for listening to Openstack ( we are using Havana )
events like Server(VM), Network,Subnet,Port - creatin/deletion/update and
Server(VM) power state changes.
If yes, a sample or a reference how to do this would help.

Murali G D

Re: Openstack notifications in JClouds

Posted by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org>.
> Does jclouds have support for listening to Openstack ( we are using Havana )
> events like Server(VM), Network,Subnet,Port - creatin/deletion/update and
> Server(VM) power state changes.

You mean "listening" in a kind of pub/sub mode, rather than you
writing your code to poll and look for changes? If you're looking for
pub/sub, I'm afraid the answer is no, at least as far as I am aware.

jclouds is pretty much focused on the use case where the requests
originator from *your* application, and you consume the *responses*
from the cloud provider. jclouds doesn't really function as a
"listener" that someone "consumes" events emitted by a cloud provider.

Or am I misunderstanding your question here?

ap