Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Simon Sekat <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/25 15:21:45 UTC

A question about Redundant WSDL

I had my first BPEL program working in servicemix.  In this program, the
BPEL service unit orchestrates two webservice service units.  I have a
question about the WSDL of the two webservices that I have to include,
redundantly, in my BPEL service unit.

Let me explain the details of my BPEL service unit.

The BPEL code in the BPEL service unit includes the local copy of the
involved WSDL, as shown below.

<bpws:import importType="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" location="
person1.wsdl" namespace="http://servicemix.apache.org/samples/wsdl-first"/>

<bpws:import importType="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" location="
person2.wsdl" namespace="http://servicemix.apache.org/samples/wsdl-second"/>

The local copy of the involved WSDL is the same as the WSDL existing in the
two webservice service units, except that I had to define patnerlinktype in
my local copy, as shown below.

    <plnk:partnerLinkType name="Person1PartnerLinkType">

        <plnk:role name="Provider" portType="tns:Person"/>

    </plnk:partnerLinkType>

I feel the local copy of the WSDL is redundant.  Is there a way to eliminate
this redundancy?  For example, include the external WSDL via a URL?  If so,
where should I define the partnerLinkType ?

Thank you,
--

Simon S.

Re: A question about Redundant WSDL

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
Hi Simon,

The only way I can think of right now would be to use absolute file:// URLs
pointing to a shared area on your computer.

Another way would be to share files by using the JBI shared library
mechanism and resolving files using "classpath://" style URLs, although
that's not implemented and just an idea I'm throwing on top of my head right
now.

alex