Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by DS...@dstsystems.com on 2001/03/01 16:10:53 UTC

Re: I CANT COMPILE SERVLETS!!!HELP

I'm not sure this is what you are asking.  You never said what kind of
error you were getting.  But I though a list of my command line parameters
might help.  here is what I use:

-deprecation -classpath "d:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat\classes";"\Program
Files\jakarta-tomcat\lib\servlet.jar" -d "d:\Program
Files\jakarta-tomcat\classes" $(FilePath)

1. You can leave "-deprecaton" out.  I just use it for my own reasons.
2.  "d:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat\classes" is where my servlets go and
it also contains any other personal classes I use.  It appears in both the
"-classpath" and the "-d" parameter.
3.  "\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat\lib\servlet.jar" is provided with
tomcat.  It appears only in the "-classpath" parameter.
4.  "$(FilePath)" is replaced by the file name, which matches the class
name, of my servlet.
5.  Several of the file names are in quotes because they have imbedded
spaces.

I'm not sure this is what you were asking, but in case it was, this is what
I do.

Don Sailing DSailing@DSTSystems.com

aras <st...@stevearas.com>@localhost.localdomain on 02/28/2001 05:08:42 PM

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

Sent by:  root@localhost.localdomain

To:   tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:

Subject:  Re: I CANT COMPILE SERVLETS!!!HELP

I'm having the same problem.  So I looked  into your suggestion or adding
$TOMCAT_HOME\bin jar file(s) to my CLASSPATH.  There are no jar files in
that dir.  All my jars are in TOMCAT_HOME/lib.  If the lib dir is what your
talking about, which or the jars to I need to add or do I just point to the
lib dir and it figures it out.