Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/26 17:09:48 UTC

using Tapestry to send mails

Hello all,

I still learning tapestry (Tapestry 4.0.2). I use to read and use peaces
of code from samples.
In the AppFuse Tapestry sample application it use Velocity template for
rendering mail before send.

I've found a paper on the net about sending mail with Tapestry:
http://www.behindthesite.com/blog/C1931765677/E2094832857/index.html

Is that method is the right one, or is there other (better ?) method
with Tapestry ?
I'm using Tapestry 4.0.2.

Thanks,
Cyrille

Re: using Tapestry to send mails

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at this package:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200605.mbox/%3C34711f1d0605270249i2acbf0dfrb5d329e1509f6de4@mail.gmail.com%3E

On 12/2/06, Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've used JavaMail (http://java.sun.com/products/javamail)
> successfully in a few projects.  One thought is to inject the
> javax.mail.Session object into an application state object for easier
> access via Tapestry.
>
> Cheers,
> Bill
>
> On 11/26/06, Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I still learning tapestry (Tapestry 4.0.2). I use to read and use peaces
> > of code from samples.
> > In the AppFuse Tapestry sample application it use Velocity template for
> > rendering mail before send.
> >
> > I've found a paper on the net about sending mail with Tapestry:
> > http://www.behindthesite.com/blog/C1931765677/E2094832857/index.html
> >
> > Is that method is the right one, or is there other (better ?) method
> > with Tapestry ?
> > I'm using Tapestry 4.0.2.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Cyrille

> "Budgets are moral documents."
>
>      -- Ann Richards

~chris

Re: using Tapestry to send mails

Posted by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com>.
Bill Holloway a écrit :
> I've used JavaMail (http://java.sun.com/products/javamail)
> successfully in a few projects.  One thought is to inject the
> javax.mail.Session object into an application state object for easier
> access via Tapestry.
Hello,

Ok, but how do you render the mail content (page) with Tapestry ?
The example I've found use Velocity but I do not want to use another
template engine than Tapestry's one.
And I want to reuse current user's data to resolve dynamics variables of
the mail content template.

Cyrille

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luc Peerdeman <lj...@xs4all.nl>.
Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> One thing to keep in mind with this type of problem is whether this
> email will ever be seen outside the context of a web request, will you
> have have to send the email via a batch process?  I ended up doing my
> email in velocity due to this requirement.

We had the same requirement but since our batch is being run from
crontab, we could get away with sending wget requests to our email page.

In a comparable way a Java client could send similar requests from a
batch process, and you would still be able to use Tapestry as a
templating engine.

Cheers, Luc.

Re: using Tapestry to send mails

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com>.