Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/11 16:07:02 UTC

Question for mod_jk experts: Impact of exceeding maxThreads on mod_jk?

Hi,

This is a question for mod_jk folks.

We ran into a situation where maxThreads on one of the Tomcats in our mod_jk
load balanced cluster were exceeded.

The result of this situation was that mod_jk could not "talk" to any
of the Tomcats.
It appeared like the whole cluster is non-responsive.

My question is:

Is this a known mod_jk bug? If not

Environment:
------------------

RHEL 4.2 on all servers

4 X Apache 2.0.52 Web Servers with mod_jk 1.2.15

Sticky load balancing

mod_jk:
______

Sticky loadbalancing

prepost_timeout, reply_timeout, connect_timeout set 1.5 min

6 X Tomcat 5.5.15

Tomcats are on the physically separate machines from the Apache Web servers

Tomcat maxThreads setting is 300

--
Thank you,
Edmon Begoli