Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/07/08 15:08:44 UTC

RE: Hi vinay........ (Subj: jar files)

> Thanks a lot for u r helpful response ...I installed Tomcat 3.2 and
jdk1.2.2 ...
> U told me copy classes12.zip in TOMCAT_HOME/lib/apps but  apps directory
is not in > lib  .So can i copy that zip file directly in TOMCAT_HOME/lib
directory? and one
> more thing for classpath writing there are two files workers.properties
and
> wrappers.properties are there with classpath parameter  in
TOMCAT_HOME/conf dir..So > which file i have to edit.....can u send me the
classspath string for oracle
> connectivity ...and where to write that one...
> I will wait for u r response

It doesn't matter where you put the zip file it won't be picked up
automatically.  What you are going to have to do is rename the .zip file to
a .jar file(all a jar file is a zip file of classes/manifest(s)), and put it
in TOMCAT_HOME/lib.

BTW, a couple pointers:
1. This topic has been covered in the list before.  If you search one of the
archives  	for this list you can find your solution immediately as
apposed to waiting for 	someone to respond and you also reduce the lists
traffic.
	Documentation -> List Archive -> List.
2. It is a list guideline(which you should have read before subscribing)
that 	postings to the list should be plain text(no html).

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com