Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Michael Kelleher <mj...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/09 23:26:03 UTC

maven-bundle-plugin Used within Eclipse/Maven

Project setup:

Eclipse 3.6
Maven Integration  0.12.20110112-1712
Maven Integration for WTP 0.12.20110421-1500
Maven SCM handler for Subclipse 0.12.20101207-1600
External Maven Installation 3.0.3

Maven Bundle Plugin 2.3.4

First question:

does this version of the Maven Bundle Plugin honor a custom value for
the Bundle-ClassPath property, or does the plugin simply generate a
default value even if you specify it with the <Bundle-ClassPath> node
within the <instructions> node?

Second question:

if it does, is there a way to get maven/Eclipse to honor/resolve those
"dependencies" listed in this value so that Eclipse will resolve
references to any of the classes listed within any of those JAR files
listed within the <Bundle-ClassPath>?

I was able to get Eclipse to give me a clean build by simply adding
these JAR files to Eclipse's Java Build path, but this seems to me to be
a hack, and also makes me concerned that when I compile this project via
Maven only from the command line, that I will have issue then as well,
and have to come up with another solution.

I am sorry if what I have stated here is kind jumbled.  I mostly
understand all of the pieces involved here, but I do not ever set a
project up this way.  I usually manage all dependencies via
<dependencies>, but this project is a special case, and the JAR files I
am packaging up within this bundle will NEVER be exposed externally, and
I do not want to

a) have to create OSGi versions of the JAR files (not all have OSGi
version available)
b) deploy them to my OSGi container

So i think I was left with the option of cooking them into my bundle.

Thanks.

--mjk