Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Andres Danter <ad...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 21:16:08 UTC

Summer of Code '13

Hello,

My name is Andres Danter and I would like to get involved with Accumulo for
the Google Summer of Code event. I looked through the ideas posted on the
issue tracker, and I think that developing or integrating an existing
monitoring framework and/or front-end for Accumulo would be a great project
for SoC.

Let me tell you a bit about myself.  I am a computer engineering student at
the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC).  I'm a rising junior,
and I also work part time for a small software development and IT
consulting company.  I have experience writing software in Java and C.  I
also have experience writing Python scripts and small web applications
using JavaScript and HTML.  I'm interested in the field of Big
Data/Analytics systems engineering.  I find Accumulo to be a pretty neat
implementation of the BigTable idea and would love to improve it in any way
I can.  My other interests are AI, robotics and distributed computing.

Please let me know how I can best serve the Accumulo community this
summer.  Also, please let me know if I need to subscribe to any other
mailing list besides this one.

Thank you,

Andres

Re: Summer of Code '13

Posted by Andres Danter <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Billie and Keith.

I will take a look at the additional tickets and should have some questions
for everyone tomorrow.

I look forward to working with all of you.

Andres

Re: Summer of Code '13

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andres,