Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by benjammin <be...@funklabrecords.com> on 2002/12/05 01:41:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache wont work with McAfee Virus scan...???

I'm on WinXP Pro Running Apache 2.0.43 w/php-4.2.4-dev (as a service)

and with the virus scanner turned on i cannot view any of the website locally or remotely... but with it off it works fine... and i can't figure out why... anyone else have this problem?

thanks in advance for any help given!

_benjammin

RE: [users@httpd] Apache wont work with McAfee Virus scan...???

Posted by Gilles Gros <gi...@whitepj.com>.
Does McAfee Virus scan supress javascript by any chance.

try to view source on your different pages.

Gilles

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, benjammin wrote:

> I'm on WinXP Pro Running Apache 2.0.43 w/php-4.2.4-dev (as a service)
>
> and with the virus scanner turned on i cannot view any of the website
> locally or remotely... but with it off it works fine... and i can't
> figure out why... anyone else have this problem?
>
> thanks in advance for any help given!

This is a known problem (search the apache bug database) very likely
caused by McAfee mucking with the TCP/IP stack.

Joshua.