Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Suram <re...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/26 15:23:42 UTC

Auto suggestion

Hi

     AutoSuggestion not found for newly indexed data ,how can i configure
that anyone help me

Thans in advance

Re: Auto suggestion

Posted by Pascal Dimassimo <th...@hotmail.com>.
By 'AutoSuggestion', are you referring to the spellcheck handler?

If so, you have to rebuild your spellcheck index using the 'build' parameter
after you add new data. You can also configure the spellcheck module to
rebuild the index automatically after a commit or an optimize.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent

Re: Auto suggestion

Posted by Suram <re...@yahoo.com>.

Erick Erickson wrote:

> This is quite contradictory.
> <<<That name field "arrow" not found for autosuggestion and gave some word
> with
> incomplite>>>
>
> What does this mean? You're not searching for a field "arrow". You really
> have to provide more details. Schema, error, etc.
>
> Have you examined your index with Luke as I suggested? Have
> you examined it with the admin page? Have you examined the SOLR
> logs?
>
> Erick
>
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Suram <re...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> Erick Erickson wrote:
>> >
>> > P.S. Are you absolutely sure your SOLR instance
>> > is pointing at the index you're adding data to?

>> http://localhost:8983/solr/terms/?terms=true&terms.fl=author&terms.prefix=er

>> Hi,
>>
>> <add>
>> <doc>
>>  <field name="id">1000</field>
>>  <field name="name">arrow</field>
>>        .
>>        .
>>        .
>>        .
>>        .
>>        .
>> </doc>
>> </add>
>> above document is indexed after am give the this url
>> "http://localhost:8080/solr/terms?terms.fl=name&terms.prefix=a"
>>
>> That name field "arrow" not found for autosuggestion and gave some word
>> with
>> incomplite
>>

>> and
>>

>> How can set some specific field like id,name,menu for searchable in
>> solr,if
>> give name like arrow i find it for search
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> --

Here attached my schema.xml
http://old.nabble.com/file/p27746824/schema.xml schema.xml

and suppose i add new document ,how can i enable the field of that document
for searchable(in that example document need to enable for search in solr
like category,actor,title fields) and for auto suggestion
http://old.nabble.com/file/p27746824/example.xml example.xml

Re: Auto suggestion

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Auto suggestion

Posted by Suram <re...@yahoo.com>.

Erick Erickson wrote:

> P.S. Are you absolutely sure your SOLR instance
> is pointing at the index you're adding data to?
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Erick Erickson
> <er...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hmmmm, works for me without any problems. That is,
>> this URL brings back newly-indexed data without
>> doing anything to solr...
>>
>> http://localhost:8983/solr/terms/?terms=true&terms.fl=author&terms.prefix=er
>> so forget my comment about reopening the index.
>>
>> So are you sure that the new terms are in the index
>> in the field you're asking for? Have you examined the
>> index with Luke and/or the admin pages? Can you give
>> some examples of your actual input and output and
>> what you think should be there that isn't?
>>
>> HTH
>> Erick

>>> Hi erick,
>>>
>>>         if i index new document to solr that new data not found for
>>> AutoSuggestion.
>>> --

<add>
<doc>