Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Karsten Nobis <ka...@aeksh.de> on 2020/04/09 08:40:51 UTC

Windows 10 + Guacamole 1.1 & 1.2 - microphone noisy connection

Hi,

I'm using versions 1.1 and 1.2 of guacd and webapp and when passing through a microphone with chrome/firefox my audio gets streamed very noisy and with interruptions.

I can hear sound sources from the windows 10 ltsc rdp server cristal clear - microphone is just a crackling noise and noise distorsions...

Thanks in advance!

Re: Windows 10 + Guacamole 1.1 & 1.2 - microphone noisy connection

Posted by ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Karsten,

I don't have audio set on any of my instances, so can't speak with
authority, but there's not been a great deal of complaint around the
issue you describe with Guacamole that I recall.

If what you're saying is that you can run an audio or video (with sound)
file ok on the server and it plays at the remote end ok, but a
microphone is distorted, then I suspect the problem will be at the
server end.

It could be a physical hardware issue with the microphone itself, or
connection to the computer, or somewhere in the OS setup of the
microphone audio path.

If I were fault-finding this I guess I'd start by recording a microphone
session at the server and playing that back to see if the issue was
replicated. While you could do this remotely IMV it'd be better to first
trial it physically at the server.

Should that display the same problem then you'd need to go through
standard fault-finding process at the server (reduce audio input gain,
clean connections etc). If it were ok then I'd try playing the recording
through the remote and following up from there.

In essence it'd be a process of elimination.

At this stage, without the benefit of further information, I suspect the
only way Guacamole itself could be an issue would be if the server it's
running on were maxed out in terms of resource, or there was a bandwidth
issue - although I'd anticipate you seeing other symptoms were this the
case?