Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net> on 2004/02/11 11:15:33 UTC

circular dependency issue

Dain recently added logging and serverinfo into the core module. This is
causing me an issue as I need to use these in the deployer, but core
depends on deployment so gets built later.

I would like to suggest we trim the dependencies a bit and add a new
module "system"

This would then make the tree:
kernel
system
deployment
core (going away soon)

This would mirror the runtime dependency tree where we build the
"system" config (containing logging, serverinfo, repository) first, and
then make the "J2EEServer" config it's child.

Does this make sense?

--
Jeremy

Re: circular dependency issue

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
On Feb 11, 2004, at 10:04 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Greg Wilkins wrote:
>
>> Where does common fit into this?
>> Is Logging is something that could fit into common.

There is no more logging code in common... It has all been moved to the
logging gbeans

> Common contains helper classes that are not GBeans and hence it does
> not depend on kernel (and vice versa). The things in system are all
> GBeans.

+1

> Logging is now a hybrid - it starts off not a GBean and then gets
> switched into one when the system has booted far enough. At least, I
> think that's the idea, Dain has the details.

That is exactly what happens.  Logging is weird because it is used
before the server is started (or even really exists).

-dain

Re: circular dependency issue

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.

Posted by Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>.