Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sadananda B Rai <sr...@zeomega.com> on 2003/11/28 09:20:10 UTC

[users@httpd] private.key with Pass Phrase

Hello All,
                I have got the new certificates signed by VeriSign. SSL
been configured with apache and it works well. But the problem I have is
with the private.key . It ask for a Pass Phrase. when restarting apache.
Only than it than it starts. How I can I avoid this at this stage as
autostart will hang the server on reboot. Is there a way to get rid of
this?. Any help will be great.

Starting httpd: Apache/2.0.40 mod_ssl/2.0.40 (Pass Phrase Dialog)
Some of your private key files are encrypted for security reasons.
In order to read them you have to provide us with the pass phrases.

Server www.varvision.com:443 (RSA)
Enter pass phrase:
Ok: Pass Phrase Dialog successful.
                                                           [  OK  ]