Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Subasis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/30 11:02:56 UTC

Teradata Procedure handling in hadoop

I have a Teradata procedure which inserts Data to Table A , Selecting data
from Table B using joins with Table C , Table D and other Filter conditions
at the column label of Table C  and  Table D.

Now , How can I handle such scenario in Hadoop, to have Table A as my
resultset output in HDFS.
I need help.

Re: Teradata Procedure handling in hadoop

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
with query approach you can use hive

1) define your table with  hbase storage handler using hive
2) then you can write a hive query such

insert overwrite table A select blah blah from  B b join  C c on (b.col =
c.col) join on D d ( c.col2 = D.col1) where conditions as you want

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Subasis <ch...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a Teradata procedure which inserts Data to Table A , Selecting data
> from Table B using joins with Table C , Table D and other Filter conditions
> at the column label of Table C  and  Table D.
>
> Now , How can I handle such scenario in Hadoop, to have Table A as my
> resultset output in HDFS.
> I need help.

Nitin Pawar