Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Steven Ingram <st...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/17 19:58:16 UTC

Eclipse plugin port???

Hey Y'all.   I've been watching this list for a long time and I'm hoping to
come back and actually get some work done.  My day time gig has been very
demanding lately.  I have a question for you though.

My employer has a contract with a security code scanning company and that
company has released a plugin version of their scanner for all the best
IDEs (NOT).  Of course Apache Netbeans is not in their support list and I
loathe Eclipse and I've never wanted to pay for Jetbrains plus I've been
using Netbeans for 16 years.

My employer has noticed that I've not used the plugin (which they pay a
license to use) and I've bubbled straight to the top with not using my
license :)  Geez.  Anyhow I have the eclipse plugin on hand it's a jar
file.  How difficult would it be to wire in a plugin made for Eclipse into
Netbeans?  I understand this would be a costume build and I'm not  afraid
of  that.

Any thoughts or opinions?
At this point I've added the plugin to my Spring TS and used it there to
appease the licensing gods that be.

You all rock!!!

Steven Rex Ingram
919-376-7363

Re: Eclipse plugin port???

Posted by Steven Ingram <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Christian.  I'm familiar with SonarQube. I'll have to take a look at
the plugin.

Re: Eclipse plugin port???

Posted by Christian Pervoelz <cp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Eclipse plugin port???

Posted by Steven Ingram <st...@gmail.com>.
Well thank you NB Devs!

Re: Eclipse plugin port???

Posted by Christian Pervoelz <cp...@gmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse plugin port???

Posted by Steven Ingram <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse plugin port???

Posted by Christian Pervoelz <cp...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Re: Eclipse plugin port???

Posted by Steven Ingram <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse plugin port???

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Re: Eclipse plugin port???

Posted by Steven Ingram <st...@gmail.com>.
That’s some good insight Antonio. Thank you.

Re: Eclipse plugin port???

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

Re: Eclipse plugin port???