Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rici Lake <ri...@ricilake.net> on 2004/08/31 05:51:56 UTC

[mp2] ANN: possibly useful debugging tool for Perl Sections

While trying to debug an issue with a <Perl> section in mod_perl2, I
noticed that these sections are not shown in mod_info's output. I also
ran into some issues in mod_info itself.

In case these tools are useful to someone else, I have placed the new
improved mod_info.c and a patch for mod_perl-1.99.16 at:
<http://rici.ricilake.net/src/mod_info.c> and
<http://rici.ricilake.net/src/modperl.diff>.

The mod_info.c is plug-compatible with the existing mod_info; it fixes
some issues with nested directives and adds an additional option:
http://server/server-info?config will show the entire configuration (or
at least, most of it -- exec-on-read directives may not show up) with
filenames and line numbers. (Actually, all the listings have filenames
and line numbers, so it is not 100% compatible with the old output, in
case anyone has scripts which try to interpret the information.)

The patch enables mod_perl-generated sections to be included in the
listing; it simply attaches the newly generated configtree as a child
to the (inserted) Perl directive. The Perl directive itself is not
displayed very well, unfortunately, but it's a start.

Use them with my blessing.

Rici