Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/05 19:50:51 UTC

elegant error handling with temporary replyTo ?

I'm starting up a project that will use the request/response with ActiveMQ
AMQP.  When I try to send a message that I expect a response to and
ActiveMQ is down, I can't seem to catch or prevent the stack trace from
getting logged for the TemporaryQueueReplyManager.  The error is:

Exception inside the DMLC for Temporary ReplyTo Queue for destination XXXX,
refreshing ReplyTo destination

How can I go about handling this error in the temporary response
processing?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: elegant error handling with temporary replyTo ?

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus.  I can work on fixing this and issuing a pull request.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

A ticket to tweak the noisy logging

To handle the exception you can configure an exception listener on the jms
component

On Fri, Jan 6, 2023 at 12:39 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can send a PR to tweak the log to not output the stacktrace. We could
> potentially log including stacktrace in DEBUG mode so end users can turn on
> that logging level in case the stacktrace is needed during troubleshooting
>
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2023 at 12:22 PM Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sure, I could tweak the logger.  I was hoping to not have the stack trace
>> get logged, but a more user-friendly log generated.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 6, 2023 at 12:56 AM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Do you want that WARN to not be logged - or the logging to NOT include
>> the
>> > stacktrace?
>> > The log is hardcoded and it can happened when using temporary reply
>> queues.
>> >
>> > You can tweak the logger to set logging level to ERROR
>> > for TemporaryQueueReplyManager etc

>> > ActiveMQ
>> from

>> > XXXX,

>> > --
>> > Claus Ibsen
>> > -----------------
>> > @davsclaus
>> > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
>> >

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
@davsclaus

Re: elegant error handling with temporary replyTo ?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You can send a PR to tweak the log to not output the stacktrace. We could
potentially log including stacktrace in DEBUG mode so end users can turn on
that logging level in case the stacktrace is needed during troubleshooting

On Fri, Jan 6, 2023 at 12:22 PM Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure, I could tweak the logger.  I was hoping to not have the stack trace
> get logged, but a more user-friendly log generated.
>
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2023 at 12:56 AM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Do you want that WARN to not be logged - or the logging to NOT include
> the
> > stacktrace?
> > The log is hardcoded and it can happened when using temporary reply
> queues.
> >
> > You can tweak the logger to set logging level to ERROR
> > for TemporaryQueueReplyManager etc
> >

> > On Thu, Jan 5, 2023 at 8:51 PM Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm starting up a project that will use the request/response with
> > ActiveMQ
> > > AMQP.  When I try to send a message that I expect a response to and
> > > ActiveMQ is down, I can't seem to catch or prevent the stack trace from
> > > getting logged for the TemporaryQueueReplyManager.  The error is:
> > >
> > > Exception inside the DMLC for Temporary ReplyTo Queue for destination
> > XXXX,
> > > refreshing ReplyTo destination
> > >
> > > How can I go about handling this error in the temporary response
> > > processing?  Any help would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark
> > >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > -----------------
> > @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen
@davsclaus

Re: elegant error handling with temporary replyTo ?

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--