Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ca...@netscape.net on 2001/10/30 21:30:26 UTC

I cannot load the Cocoon.xml page

Hello there,

In spite of following the instructions to the letter, I get the following error message when I try to access the Cocoon.xml page. I am  using Jakarta-Tomcat as my webserver and I get the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser: make sure the needed classes can be found in the classpath (org/apache/xerces/parsers/AbstractDOMParser)

I have tried every trick in the book and failed.

Here is a sample of the tomcat batch file I am using to start the server.

rem Set up the CLASSPATH that we need

rem set cp=%CLASSPATH%

set CLASSPATH=.
rem set CLASSPATH=%TOMCAT_HOME%

rem cocoon classes and libraries
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xerces_1_2_3.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xalan_1_2_2.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\fop_0_15_0.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\cocoon.jar

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\webserver.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jasper.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xml.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\servlet.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar

Robert

Re: I cannot load the Cocoon.xml page

Posted by Steve Gass <sg...@gass.com>.
CaligulaRob@netscape.net wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> In spite of following the instructions to the letter, I get the following error message when I try to access the Cocoon.xml page. I am  using Jakarta-Tomcat as my webserver and I get the following error:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser: make sure the needed classes can be found in the classpath (org/apache/xerces/parsers/AbstractDOMParser)
>
> I have tried every trick in the book and failed.
>
> Here is a sample of the tomcat batch file I am using to start the server.
>
> rem Set up the CLASSPATH that we need
>
> rem set cp=%CLASSPATH%
>
> set CLASSPATH=.
> rem set CLASSPATH=%TOMCAT_HOME%
>
> rem cocoon classes and libraries
> set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xerces_1_2_3.jar

I could easily be wrong, but I thought Windows uses a colon instead of a
semicolon for the path separator. . . ?

Or maybe you did the same thing I did - copied and pasted the path info
from somewhere, and you have different versions of the jar files. Took
me awhile to figure that one out. :)

Steve