Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <ma...@huawei.com> on 2011/10/17 18:56:04 UTC

Re: Is there a good way to see how full hdfs is

Yes, that was deprecated in trunk

If you want to use by programatically, this will be the better option as well.
 /** {@inheritDoc} */
  @Override
  public FsStatus getStatus(Path p) throws IOException {
    statistics.incrementReadOps(1);
    return dfs.getDiskStatus();
  }

This should work for you.

It will give you FileStatus object contains below APIs
getCapacity, getUsed, getRemaining

I would suggest you to look at the FileSystem APIs available once. I think you will get clear understanding to use.

Regards,
Uma