Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Abhijit Dixit <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/06 21:32:28 UTC

Java2WSDL with static parameters

Hi,

I've been using Java2WSDL to create WSDL files for my Apache SOAP server
for some time now. A few of my classes, which are mapped as complex types
in the WSDL, have some static final variables used for some internal
computation that don't need to be in the SOAP packet.

Since these members don't have corresponding get/set functions, Java2WSDL
was ignoring them when generating the WSDL. But, I realized that I was
still using Axis alpha2. I just upgraded to beta2 and now it's adding the
static members also. Is there someway I can suppress this ?

Here's what my class looks like ....

public class Cache{

     public static final String HEADER = "cache-header";
     public static final String TTL = "cache-ttl";
     public static final String NONE = "none";

     public int                  value;
     public String               type;

}

When I run Java2WSDL, I just want value and type to be in the WSDL file.
Not the static members.

Any way I can do this ? Changing the static values to private won't work
because this might break the rest of my code.

Thanks,
Abhijit