Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike Walker <mi...@petroleumdata.com> on 2001/12/07 19:58:16 UTC

httpd not running

Hi, I am kind of new to Apache compiling, but not to Linux.  Today I
downloaded Apache 1.3.22 and PHP 4.0.6 and compiled Apache with PHP in as a
static module.  These are the options I used for Apache:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --sysconfdir=/etc/httpd/conf \
--enable-module=all --disable-rule=IRIXN32 --disable-rule=IRIXNIS \
--without-support --without-confadjust
The options I used for PHP:
./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 --enable-track-vars

Anyway, it compiled fine, but when I run httpd, it overwrites the pid file
but does not start.  The only thing in apache's error log is "pid file
overwritten".  No error message, just httpd doesn't start and doesn't do
anything.  If I mess up the httpd.conf file it will tell me there are errors
in it, but if the config file is OK and it should work, it will just not
start.  apachectl does the same thing, it says it starts apache but when I
look at running processes, it isn't running.
I am using Linux Mandrake 7.0 but I upgraded the kernel to 2.4.13 and I have
glibc 2.95
Thanks.
Mike

RE: httpd not running

Posted by Mike Walker <mi...@petroleumdata.com>.
Ok, I'm gonna try installing the newest glibc and gcc, then the newest
shared memory libraries, then I'll recompile and try to run it.

Posted by Mike Walker <mi...@petroleumdata.com>.
WOOHOO!  I installed the very newest libc, and the newest gcc, then compiled
and installed the newest shared memory libraries, and guess what?  Works
like a charm!  Thanks a lot everyone! Apache rocks!

Re: httpd not running

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.

RE: httpd not running

Posted by Mike Walker <mi...@petroleumdata.com>.

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.

RE: httpd not running

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.

Re: httpd not running

Posted by Mike <mi...@petroleumdata.com>.
OK, I tried both things you suggested!  I got a core dump!  Says:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
I have a little file now called core.
Now what can I do?
Mike