Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Danny Ayers <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/31 23:55:15 UTC

other recent changes in startup?

I just updated a pile of jars to the latest build from (I think) v
1.0.2 and although I get the "Welcome to Felix." message, nothing else
happens (whereas before things were loading fine). I've made the
change from felix.auto.start, but that hasn't helped. My
config.properties is below.
Suggestions?

# Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
# or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
# distributed with this work for additional information
# regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
# to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
# "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
# with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
# software distributed under the License is distributed on an
# "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
# KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
# specific language governing permissions and limitations
# under the License.

#
# Framework config properties.
#

# To override the packages the framework exports by default from the
# class path, set this variable.
#org.osgi.framework.system.packages=

# To append packages to the default set of exported system packages,
# set this value.
#org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra=

# The following property makes specified packages from the class path
# available to all bundles. You should avoid using this property.
#org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=sun.*,com.sun.*

# The following property explicitly specifies the location of the bundle
# cache, which defaults to "felix-cache" in the current working directory.
# If this value is not absolute, then the felix.cache.rootdir controls
# how the absolute location is calculated. (See next property)
org.osgi.framework.storage=bundle-cache

# The following property is used to convert a relative bundle cache
# location into an absolute one by specifying the root to prepend to
# the relative cache path. The default for this property is the
# current working directory.
#felix.cache.rootdir=${user.dir}

# The following property controls whether the bundle cache is flushed
# the first time the framework is initialized. Possible values are
# "none" and "onFirstInit"; the default is "none".

# changed by danja
org.osgi.framework.storage.clean=onFirstInit

# felix.auto.start.1= \

org.osgi.framework.startlevel.beginning.1 \
 file:bundle/org.osgi.compendium-1.3.0.jar

 # file:bundle/org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-1.2.1.jar

# beware! lines beginning # following a line ending \ aren't treated as comments

# felix.auto.start.2= \

org.osgi.framework.startlevel.beginning.2 \
file:bundle/org.apache.felix.shell-1.3.0.jar \
file:bundle/org.apache.felix.shell.tui-1.3.0.jar \
file:bundle/monitor.jar \
file:bundle/servlet-api-2.5-6.1.14.jar \
file:bundle/org.mortbay.jetty.util.jar \
file:bundle/jetty-6.1.14.jar   \
file:bundle/org.restlet.jar  \
file:bundle/com.noelios.restlet.jar \
file:bundle/com.noelios.restlet.ext.jetty.jar \
file:bundle/restlet_test.jar \
file:bundle/jenamodel.jar  \
file:bundle/com.hp.hpl.jena-0.2.jar \
file:bundle/org.apache.sling.commons.log-2.0.3-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar

# com.hp.hpl.jena-0.2.jar is trialox

#     file:bundle/jetty-6.1.14.jar \
 # file:bundle/com.noelios.restlet.ext.jetty_6.1.jar
#  file:bundle/com.noelios.restlet.ext.jetty_6.1.jar \
 # file:bundle/com.noelios.restlet.ext.jetty_6.1.jar
 #  file:bundle/org.mortbay.jetty.ajp.jar
 # file:bundle/pax-web-service-0.5.1.jar \
 # file:bundle/org.mortbay.jetty.ajp.jar \
# file:bundle/com.noelios.restlet.ext.jetty_6.1.jar \
# file:bundle/javax.servlet.jar \
# file:bundle/com.noelios.restlet.ext.servlet_2.5.jar \
# file:bundle/restlet_test.jar

 # file:bundle/pax-web-service-0.5.1.jar \
 # file:bundle/com.noelios.restlet.ext.servlet_2.5.jar \
 # file:bundle/com.noelios.restlet.ext.simple_3.1.jar \
 # file:bundle/app.jar

felix.log.level=2

# file:bundle/org.apache.felix.configadmin-1.0.4.jar \

# Sets the initial start level of the framework upon startup.
# danja was 1
org.osgi.framework.startlevel=2

# Sets the start level of newly installed bundles.
#felix.startlevel.bundle=1

# Invalid fragment bundles throw an 'exception' by default, but
# uncomment the follow line to have them log a 'warning' instead.
#felix.fragment.validation=warning

# Felix installs a stream and content handler factories by default,
# uncomment the following line to not install them.
#felix.service.urlhandlers=false

#
# Bundle config properties.
#

org.osgi.service.http.port=8888
osgi.shell.telnet=on
obr.repository.url=http://felix.apache.org/obr/releases.xml

--
http://danny.ayers.name

--
http://danny.ayers.name

Re: other recent changes in startup?

Posted by Danny Ayers <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys...

2009/6/1 Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org>:
> org.osgi.framework.startlevel.beginning
>
> This property is only for setting the beginning start level of the
> framework, you shouldn't need to set it.
>
> The felix.auto.start property hasn't changed.

I reverted my mistaken tweaks, then did set
org.osgi.framework.startlevel.beginning (can't remember why I did it,
but the start level was set to 2) - all working again.

Cheers,
Danny.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
org.osgi.framework.startlevel.beginning

This property is only for setting the beginning start level of the
framework, you shouldn't need to set it.

The felix.auto.start property hasn't changed.

-> richard

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
Are you missing an equals sign after org.osgi.framework.startlevel.beginning.2?

regards,

Karl

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com