Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Warwick Burrows <wa...@e2open.com> on 2004/08/05 18:16:16 UTC

RE: Cache refresh notification in two different instance of S lid e running on different boxes.

I didn't think that this was the case but I wanted to be certain. I think
that Daniel has a different idea of what you are doing. Clustered Slide
servers and the notifications you're adding can't be separated. You are
improving upon the original clustering solution by synchronizing the caches
but we will still need to cluster our Slide servers and have them share the
same file repository.

So how will this affect metadata stores? Does the "cluster" cache mode set
on the <store> element also enable caching of metadata? Ie. I've defined a
DB2 metadata store for all store types but the contentstore. So will
notifications be sent to other servers when cached metadata needs updating?

Thanks,
Warwick

 Warwick Burrows              E2open
 Senior Engineer              9600 Great Hills Trail, #325
 http://www.e2open.com        Austin TX 78759

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.
Maybe Pac-Man?

Oliver