Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Abhishek Kona <ab...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/20 07:09:10 UTC

Error Message : Missing version in readMessageBegin

Hi,

I observe the following error message on my Java Thrift Server.

[20 Jan 10:30:15] [ERROR] [Thrift-Thread-Pool-7] - Thrift error occurred
during processing of
message.org.apache.thrift.protocol.TProtocolException: Missing version
in readMessageBegin, old client?

Both the client and the server run  thrift 0.2.
(clients are in python and java).

Is this a known issue ?
And what exactly is going wrong here.
Is this a bug with that version of thrift ?

Thanks,
-Abhishek Kona

Re: Error Message : Missing version in readMessageBegin

Posted by Abhishek Kona <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

The server is using TBinaryProtocol and TTServerSocket.
The client is using TBinaryProtocol and TScoket.

So looks like both are using the same protocol and sockets, (correct me
if I am wrong).

Any more ideas about the issue?

Thanks a ton.
- Abhishek Kona

Posted by dean forever <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhishek Kona <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Both the server and client are using the same version of thrift (I have
confirmed it).

The server has server 10000+ plus successful requests to the same clients.
The error is only seen when the server is under high concurrent load
(many parallel clients).

-Abhishek Kona

Posted by Piyush Goel <pi...@capillary.co.in>.

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.