Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Doug Crane <do...@juldi.com> on 2000/08/11 00:43:39 UTC

JRun config?

If anyone out there is using JRun 3.0 as their SOAP server, could you share
some details of how you're configured?  I'm using  Xerces 1.1.3, XML4J
3.0.1, and xml-soap 2.0 rc2.  I've added the following to my JRun classpath
setting:

d:\xerces-1_1_3
d:\XML4J_3_0_1\xml4j.jar
d:\xml-soap-2_0_rc2\lib

thereby adding xerces.jar, xml4j.jar, and soap.jar (hopefully satisfying the
order dependency specified in back of the xml-soap 2.0 release notes).  To
the best of my knowledge, I've deployed the addressbook example properly
using deploy.jsp.  When I try to invoke an addressbook method, however, I
get the below exception.  This seems to happen pretty early in the process,
because I can attempt to call a method that doesn't exist on the server side
and I'll get the same results.  I've verified that org.w3c.dom.Node class in
xerces.jar has the getNamespaceURI() method.  I'm guessing it's a config
problem; any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug Crane
Juldi, Inc.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root
element must be well-formed.
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:969)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$PrologDispatcher.dispatch(XML
DocumentScanner.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:861)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.XercesParserLiaison.read(XercesParserLiaison.java:8
5)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:157)
        at samples.addressbook.GetAddress.main(GetAddress.java:125)
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Protocol):
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String; not found
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:78)
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java, Compiled Code)
        at
jrun__rpcrouter__rpcrouter2ejsp18._jspService(jrun__rpcrouter__rpcrouter2ejs
p18.java, Compiled Code)
        at allaire.jrun.jsp.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:40)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunNamedDispatcher.forward(JRunNamedDispatcher.java:34
)
        at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:174)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.jav
a:88)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1131)
        at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:330)
        at allaire.jrun.http.WebEndpoint.run(WebEndpoint.java:107)
        at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
        at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java, Compiled Code)