Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Kai Wang <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/26 22:25:27 UTC

how to grant permissions to OpsCenter keyspace?

Hi,

My understanding is that if I want to enable internal authentication and
authorization on C* while still keeping OpsCenter working, I should grant
all to OpsCenter space and describe/select on everything else. But when I
try to grant permissions to or even switch into OpsCenter, cqlsh reports
this:

cassandra@cqlsh> use OpsCenter;
InvalidRequest: code=2200 [Invalid query] message="Keyspace 'opscenter'
does not exist"

KS OpsCenter of course exists. I notice cqlsh returns keyspace name in
lower case but in system.schema_keyspaces it shows OpsCenter. C* supports
case sensitive keyspace names in DevCenter. But cqlsh converts everything
to lower case?

How can I grant permission to OpsCenter? Or a further question, how can I
do case sensitive operations in cqlsh?

Thanks.

Re: how to grant permissions to OpsCenter keyspace?

Posted by Kai Wang <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Adam.

Posted by Adam Holmberg <ad...@datastax.com>.