Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2014/08/07 12:29:32 UTC

Re: 'client' APIs again

On 07/31/2014 03:54 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 07/31/2014 03:32 PM, Ted Ross wrote:
>> Gordon,
>>
>> This looks really interesting.  I think this is a good framework to
>> build an extensible API to provide access to the good parts of AMQP
>> (flow control, exactly-once with recovery, transactions, etc., etc.).
>>
>> Would you consider contributing it to the Proton project, perhaps as a
>> branch or a contrib so others can get involved?
>
> Absolutely, that is the intention. The only reason I did it in github to
> begin with was to give more of an idea of what the proposal is about and
> allow everyone to voice their opinions about the approach.
>
> They can of course do that even if it is on a branch, so if no one
> objects(?) I can create one for this purpose.

I've created this branch[1] now and welcome any feedback and
collaboration. The initial tutorial text is online in the original
location[2] for easier browsing while I figure out a better place, but
can also be generated from svn (`make html` in the new 'tutorial'
directory).

My next step is going to be to add support for timers to the select loop
in order to allow backoff on reconnect (and eventually heartbeats), and
then go on to explore different reliability options.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/proton/branches/examples
[2] http://grs.github.io/proton_examples/html/

Re: 'client' APIs again

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 08/07/2014 11:29 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> I've created this branch[1] now and welcome any feedback and
> collaboration. The initial tutorial text is online in the original
> location[2] for easier browsing while I figure out a better place, but
> can also be generated from svn (`make html` in the new 'tutorial'
> directory).

Thanks to the fount of knowledge that is Robbie Gemmell, the generated
html can now be viewed directly from svn:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/proton/branches/examples/tutorial/_build/html/tutorial.html