Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Łukasz Bownik <lu...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/22 11:55:31 UTC

PRs

The pace of PR processing is ... demotivating :(((

Re: PRs

Posted by Łukasz Bownik <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the answer.

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 5:42 PM Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> First of all, thank you for contributing to NetBeans!
>
> The PR processing speed depends on the following factors:
>
>   - Has the PR requested reviewers.

      HA .. so this is the step I missed :) So opening PR and waiting is
not enough. By the way is it possible to add reviewers to already opened PR
?
I can't see any "+" button :( [Last time I coded every day was in
SVN/pre-GitHub era]
[image: image.png]

>   - The value of the PR

   OK. Understood.

>   - The complexity of the PR

    Already learned it the hard way. I'll keep them simple.

>   - The severity of the PR related issue.

    Sure.

> Are your PR-s required for some kind of school assignment?

    I'm 40. Sometimes I feel like doing something more tangible than what I
do at work (without breaking anything).

> BTW: I think we were talking about these
>
> https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/5115 and
> https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/5061

 Yes.

> On 12/22/22 03:55, Łukasz Bownik wrote:
> > The pace of PR processing is ... demotivating :(((

Łukasz Bownik

Re: PRs

Posted by Łukasz Bownik <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks