Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk> on 2017/03/27 15:08:03 UTC

Re: Maven coordinates going forward, PS

On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 15:59 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 23:57 +1000, Paul King wrote:
> > […]
> > discussion in the past that Apache Groovy might (should?) change
> > the
> > Maven coordinates to have group org.apache.groovy rather than
> > org.codehaus.groovy. Previously we have spoken about not doing that
> > before some major release point. The Groovy team is now interested
> > in
> > your feedback as to whether this new version might be the right
> > time
> > to make that change.

Apologies, I pressed send before adding:

I think moving to org.apache.groovy for Groovy 3 would be an excellent
idea.

Clearly it would also be a good idea to move all the packages from
org.codehaus.groovy to org.apache.groovy, but that could be argued as
change for the sake of it. However I would say no, Groovy should move
forward not look back, and org.apache.groovy is the future.

Groovy 3 would strike me as the time to do this.

--
Russel.