Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2009/02/15 16:17:49 UTC

Re: Multi module site deploy using file

Randall Fidler wrote:
> Hello,
>

>             I have a multi-module project that seemed to deploy fine
> with SCP but not with FILE.  Inside settings.xml I've got a var which
> points to the local directory where the site files should be deployed to
> and things work fine for the parent but not the child.
>

> Parent (1.0_SNAPSHOT)   (has site in dist mgmt set to
> file://${site.dir}/${project.artifactId}/${project.version}

Does ${site.dir} start with a / ?

A file URL normally has three /-characters, like this:

file:///directory/path

This is because the host is omitted from the URL.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Multi module site deploy using file

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
here is what I use:

<siteUrl>*file:///*/var/www/html/site/${pom.version}</siteUrl>

there are 3 forward slashes before my root /var directory

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mickknutson
---

Posted by Randall Fidler <ra...@testadvantage.com>.
Hi Dennis,

	For both parent and child or just the child?  I can't understand
how having that extra '/' would have the child end up in the proper
location under the parent but I'll give it a whirl.  Currently I do not
have three slashes, just two.

Regards,

Randall

--