Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Markovich <mi...@seafieldgetaway.com> on 2006/05/24 16:40:58 UTC

M2 - Convention for deploying jars needed at run time.

Greetings,

What is the conventional approach for including jars needed at run time
during deployment?

To put it another way, I have jars specified as dependencies in the pom
with a scope of "runtime". But the jars don't show up in the repository
I specified in the  <distributionManagement> tag of the pom.  The target
jar shows up in the output directory, but none of the jars needed at run
time.

I'm trying to replicate the approach I would use if I was doing this
manually, that is, I would place all my jars in the same directory.  I
suspect this is not the Maven convention so I'd be grateful if someone
can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: M2 - Convention for deploying jars needed at run time.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Please provide more details.

What kind of project are you building -- J2EE webapp with EJB and WAR?
Swing fat client? Something else entirely? The answer will depend on
what type of project you are building and other details that we can't
know until you tell us about them.

Wayne