Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/11 10:28:34 UTC

Re: OFBIZ Manufacturing

Hi Jacques, all,

First of all: you are right. If there weren't a need for solution you
wouldn't go that way.

But as it happens, within the consortium of the project there are partners
who have implemented ESB's (and for the sake of the argument let's pretend
that in the European market space every variant ESB is implemented) and
allow only to be connected through their ESB.

And also the IMAGINE platform is expected to have an ESB as part of the
architecture, but that hasn't been formalized yet. So that may change.

So what needs to be done so that OFBiz can connect to an ESB and that info
and data is delivered through that ESB to either the portal in the IMAGINE
platform or the partner with his system at the other end of the ESB?

Secondly:
OFBiz is also a solution for manufacturing. We have the code in place. But
how good is it? Are there endusers who use that component and how?

I have seen and read the book you referred to, and have worked to the code
to understand its principles. But like I said I don't have the experience
in implementing a manufacturing solution, so I don't know what it all
entails. That's why I invite everybody to share their insights.

Regarding,

Pierre

Op 10 april 2012 23:39 schreef Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com

Re: OFBIZ Manufacturing

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all, for the heads up. It created some necessary insights. As soon
as architecture and system design evolve I will let you know more.

Regards,

Pierre

Op 14 april 2012 14:00 schreef Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com

Re: OFBIZ Manufacturing

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: OFBIZ Manufacturing

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Pierre Smits" <pi...@gmail.com>

Re: OFBIZ Manufacturing

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrian,

Is there a JIRA for this issue?

Regards,

Pierre

Op 11 april 2012 12:28 schreef <ad...@sandglass-software.com> het
volgende:

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/****confluence/display/OFBREQDES/****<https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OFBREQDES/**>
>>> UBPL+Introduction<https://**cwiki.apache.org/confluence/**
>>> display/OFBREQDES/UBPL+**Introduction<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBREQDES/UBPL+Introduction>
>>> >
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/****confluence/display/OFBREQDES/****<https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OFBREQDES/**>
>>> Universal+Business+Process+****Library+Index<https://cwiki.**
>>> apache.org/confluence/display/**OFBREQDES/Universal+Business+**
>>> Process+Library+Index<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBREQDES/Universal+Business+Process+Library+Index>
>>> >

>>> But this topic is more for the user list...
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> From: "Integrin" <in...@gmail.com>
>>>
>>>  Pierre -

Re: OFBIZ Manufacturing