Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Tejas Gadaria <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/11 14:27:43 UTC

Template or root Volume VHD not able to run on standalone xenserver

Hi,

I am using ACS 4.2 with Xenserver 6.2 SP1..
Also I have .vhd of template & root volume & want to run on standalone xen
server but, while trying to import vhd from import wizard in xencenter it
says, 'VHD is not suitable for xenserver' .

Is it related to vhd-util, what we are importing in CS Management server?
How can i resolve this issue?

Regards,
Tejas

Re: Template or root Volume VHD not able to run on standalone xenserver

Posted by Carlos Reategui <cr...@gmail.com>.
Wherever you found the vhd do (I.e the original location of it):

vhd-util scan -p -v -f -m /path/to/vhd

This (p)rints (v)erbose (f)ast scan results. This works for me with the vhd-util that is part of blktap-utils on Ubuntu (which is what I run my NSF server on hence the files being there) but I believe should work on other platforms too. Otherwise do vhd-util scan -h to see if any of the options are different.

Posted by Tejas Gadaria <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.
Hi Tejas,
Where did you get the VHD file from?  Just making sure it is a complete
file and not part of a chain.

regards,
-Carlos

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.