Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Tim McClure <Ti...@casi-rusco.com> on 2002/01/09 17:26:11 UTC

XML-RPC Client and SSL session resumption

I am trying to initiate SSL session resumption through the
SecureXmlRpcClient object.  Normal SSL session reuse is done by creating the
SSLContext and passing the same context to subsequent SSL contents.  However
the SecureXmlRpcClient uses the URLConnection object to create socket
connections.  Whether it creates a SSL connection or not is determined what
protocol is passed on the URL (http or https).  SSL context creation and SSL
connects are done implicitly by the URLConnection object.  Does anyone know
I can configure the URLConnection object to reuse a SSL context?

Tim

Re: XML-RPC Client and SSL session resumption

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Tim McClure <Ti...@casi-rusco.com> writes:

> I am trying to initiate SSL session resumption through the
> SecureXmlRpcClient object.  Normal SSL session reuse is done by creating the
> SSLContext and passing the same context to subsequent SSL contents.  However
> the SecureXmlRpcClient uses the URLConnection object to create socket
> connections.  Whether it creates a SSL connection or not is determined what
> protocol is passed on the URL (http or https).  SSL context creation and SSL
> connects are done implicitly by the URLConnection object.  Does anyone know
> I can configure the URLConnection object to reuse a SSL context?

Tim, I don't have the answer to this question, but would be very
interested in whatever solution you eventually come up with (patches
welcome ;).

Dan

Re: XML-RPC Client and SSL session resumption

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.