Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peng Xiao <25...@qq.com> on 2017/12/08 05:52:04 UTC

回复: run Cassandra on physical machine

Thanks All.

发件人: "Jeff Jirsa";<jj...@gmail.com>;
发送时间: 2017年12月8日(星期五) 凌晨3:19
收件人: "cassandra"<us...@cassandra.apache.org>;

主题: Re: run Cassandra on physical machine

Which is to say, right now you can't run them on different ports, but you can run them on different IPs on the same machine (and different IPs dont need different physical NICs, you can bind multiple IPs to a given physical NIC).

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Dikang Gu <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
@Peng, how many network interfaces do you have on your machine? If you just have one NIC, you probably need to wait this storage port patch. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7544 .

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 7:01 AM, Oliver Ruebenacker <cu...@gmail.com> wrote:

     Hello,

  Yes, you can.

     Best, Oliver

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 7:12 AM, Peng Xiao <25...@qq.com> wrote:
Dear All,

Can we run Cassandra on physical machine directly?
we all know that vm can reduce the performance.For instance,we have a machine with 56 core,8 ssd disks.
Can we run 8 cassandra instance in the same machine within one rack with different port?

Could anyone please advise?

Thanks,
Peng Xiao

--
Oliver Ruebenacker

Senior Software Engineer, Diabetes Portal, Broad Institute

--
Dikang