Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Tim Jones <ti...@googlemail.com> on 2008/06/30 21:15:10 UTC

php/README out of sync with trunk?

Please excuse a newbee to both shindig and php if I have overlooked the
obvious, but in the php/README it suggests that there should be a gadgets
subdirectory under shindig/php:
e.g.

http://your.host/shindig/php/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

However in the code checked out as in the instructions (i.e. from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/shindig/trunk/) there is no such
directory.

Could you let me know how to fix this or point me to an example to study
which will work please?

Thanks for your time,

Tim

Re: php/README out of sync with trunk?

Posted by Gonzalo Aune <go...@gmail.com>.
You have to configure the host as your directory root want to be, it could
be http://shindig or whatever you want, is the Apache web server side
(vhosts), read the README =)

G.-

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
Ideally you would create a php/config/local.php and put your local
configuration values in there. That has the advantage that you can
happily svn update to the latest default config, without your
modifications being overwritten.

	-- Chris

Posted by Erel Segal <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.

Posted by Tim Jones <ti...@googlemail.com>.
Chris & Gonzalo,

(thanks - the rewrite was the problem - new server and AllowOverride was not
set properly!)

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.