Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Escalada Sergio <se...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2007/08/06 16:15:31 UTC

Browser Back Button

    Hello.
    I am using MyFaces 1.1.5, Tomahawk 1.1.6 in my WEB Aplication, and i
have a requirement mandatory to disable the browser back button while
the user is interacting with the aplication. The requirement is really
serious and compromise the usability of the aplication, can anyone tell
me if it is possible to do anything to avoid the use of the browser back
button?, or at least to control the use of it trying to avoid the
consecuences it carry.

    Thanks in advance, sorry for my english.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
One last suggestion

do all your sbmit using a JSF based AJAX framework (like ajax4JSF). That
way there is no navigation. The bad part are
1) that there is no change in url bar as user navigate
2) You can't use <redirect/> in your JSF navigation
3) You can't submit files (no way to send a file using XmlHttpRequest
for security reasons)

En l'instant précis du 07/08/07 11:18, simon s'exprimait en ces termes:

--
http://www.noooxml.org/

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by simon <sk...@apache.org>.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
The complexity of using t:saveState will probably depend on your application.

I've got an application with more than 100 pages, but most of the uses
of those pages are self-contained.    The t:saveState needs are either
self-contained in a specific page or only span a small number of
pages.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by simon <sk...@apache.org>.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Francisco Passos <fr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.
Sergio,
Take a look at the Spring WebFlow project.
One of the features of it is:
Receive automatic browser button support (back, forward, refresh) with
no custom coding.

-Richard

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Rene Guenther <in...@innflow.com>.
It works for Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Not 100% sure about this:
By using the back button the browser wont send a new
request to the server. So what could happen?

Rene

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Michał 'Gandalf' Stawicki <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Adrian Mitev <ad...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Luka Surija <lu...@iytim.hr>.
But avoiding session scoped beans makes much harder to develop an
application, and application will be slower then using session scoped
beans (especially  in combination with EJB3 session beans).

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Rene Guenther <in...@innflow.com>.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Rene Guenther <in...@innflow.com>.
Hi Sergio,

Re: Browser Back Button

Posted by Luka Surija <lu...@iytim.hr>.
Escalada Sergio wrote:
> Hello.
> I am using MyFaces 1.1.5, Tomahawk 1.1.6 in my WEB Aplication, and i
> have a requirement mandatory to disable the browser back button while
> the user is interacting with the aplication. The requirement is really
> serious and compromise the usability of the aplication, can anyone
> tell me if it is possible to do anything to avoid the use of the
> browser back button?, or at least to control the use of it trying to
> avoid the consecuences it carry.
>
> Thanks in advance, sorry for my english.

I'm using this solution and it works fine for me:

--
Luka Šurija
luka.surija@iytim.hr

I.Y. tim d.o.o.