Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Chris Black <cb...@lotuscat.com> on 2003/05/01 20:53:57 UTC

documentation/tips for lenya as a org website

I have lenya installed and running and am trying to get an idea of how
to start using it to create a website with templates, menus, etc.
What I want to create is a website with some static areas for stuff like
project descriptions, about us, contact us, etc and also have some more
dynamic areas for stuff such as news items and upcoming dates/meetings.
The reason for using Lenya on top of cocoon is I would like all this to
be easily editible by non-tech people and I want to have xml as the
common document format.
So far I all I've found is the Juergen tutorial on the scratchpad as
well as the "Old (current)" and "New (XDoc)" tutorials.
Is there anything else I should be aware of and read? Any other tips
such as what files I should look at to set common templates for wrapping
static xml->html docs with a logo and menubar at the top/side of each
page? It seems like Lenya is targetting this type of thing so I figure
it should not be too difficult to accomplish this. I realize that lenya
isn't as mature in terms of usability as some of the other CMS projects,
but I am willing to learn and deal with this for the advantages I
believe it will provide in the long run.

I hope I am not missing anything terribly obvious, I am willing to
document anything I find and perhaps submit another sample publication
once I get something that meets my needs.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

RE: documentation/tips for lenya as a org website

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@wyona.com>.

Is there anything else I should be aware of and read? Any other tips
such as what files I should look at to set common templates for wrapping
static xml->html docs with a logo and menubar at the top/side of each
page? It seems like Lenya is targetting this type of thing so I figure
it should not be too difficult to accomplish this.
<<

we are working on the new default publication which will cover a lot
of that. you can watch it taking shape, it is in cvs already.

I realize that lenya
isn't as mature in terms of usability as some of the other CMS projects,
but I am willing to learn and deal with this for the advantages I
believe it will provide in the long run.
<<

thanks for the endorsement. i agree that there is lots that can be done
with usability yet, but we arent at the starting line anymore either :)

I hope I am not missing anything terribly obvious, I am willing to
document anything I find and perhaps submit another sample publication
once I get something that meets my needs.
<<

cool, looking forward to that

-gregor