Posted to user@flume.apache.org by br...@bt.com on 2013/05/02 15:15:16 UTC

Lightweight workaround for FLUME-1137, Hadoop classes required for File channel

Hi I'm running up against FLUME-1137 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1137) and am trying to determine the "lightest" way I can work around this.  That is, I want to be able to use the File channel without loading a lot of extraneous classes or having a full Hadoop install.

I'm capturing DNS query log info and sending it to a central server, so I'm using the exec source type to tail –F the query log, and avro sink type to send the messages on.

Suggestions for getting the File channel working?

Thanks.

Re: Lightweight workaround for FLUME-1137, Hadoop classes required for File channel

Posted by br...@bt.com.
Confirmed, I put hadoop-core-1.1.2.jar in Flume's lib dir and this fixed the issue for me.  Thanks for the quick response.

From: Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>>
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:09 AM
To: "user@flume.apache.org<ma...@flume.apache.org>" <us...@flume.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Lightweight workaround for FLUME-1137, Hadoop classes required for File channel