Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Ivet Petrova <iv...@shapeblue.com> on 2021/03/15 16:32:03 UTC

Powered by ACS badge

Hello everyone,

I hope I catch you in a good mood and health.
Some time ago I saw on the mailing list discussions about badges Powered by Apache CloudStack.
Do we have such badges ready to be used?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,

ivet.petrova@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

RE: Powered by ACS badge

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
I’d say that these new logos should be stored with the existing project logos

Looking at the website trademark guidelines here:
https://cloudstack.apache.org/trademark-guidelines.html

It appears that logos, etc are stored in SVN:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack/media<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack/media/ai/apache_cloudstack.ai>

Browsing those folders, it doesn’t look like theres many files there (just the jpg and the . AI files for the logo and a few historic project files)

AFAIK, the project isn’t using SVN for anything else any more (and personally I have no idea about how to update it)

My suggestion Ivet is that you put your files either  at http://download.cloudstack.com/ or https://github.com/apache/cloudstack.
The download site would probably be easiest, some people may prefer that they’re in Git – others please shout with a preference

Either way, I would also suggest:

  1.  Also copy over the logo files from svn
  2.  Update the links on the homepage to point to the new location for logos, etc
  3.  Probably need to update the trademark guidelines to
     *   Mention the new powered by logo
     *   Explain about its use, etc
  4.  I also notice that the existing files in SNV have no license attached to them.

Kind regards
Giles

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
http://download.cloudstack.com/ sounds like a possible place, @Giles Sirett
<gi...@shapeblue.com> ?

wrote:

> Thanks so much :)
> Can you advise where I can upload them, so that people can use the badges?
> I would be happy to share links with a few people who asked.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> ivet.petrova@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com
> @shapeblue
>

> On 16 Mar 2021, at 19:03, Mvesal@NuvolaCore <mv...@nuvolacore.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Ivet.
>
> Great work!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Moe Vesal
> Synetic Inc. & Nuvolacore Technology
> mvesal@synetic.net  & mvesal@nuvolacore.com

Andrija Panić

Re: Powered by ACS badge

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Virus-free. www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Re: Powered by ACS badge

Posted by "Mvesal@NuvolaCore" <mv...@nuvolacore.com>.
Thank you Ivet.

Re: Powered by ACS badge