Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Rajkumar, Joseph" <ra...@orionsci.com> on 2000/09/25 15:25:07 UTC

Cocoon-1.8 Problem

Hi Folks

    I have been using apache-1.3.12, Tomcat-3.1 and Cocoon-1.7.4
for quite some time and have not run into any installation problems.
I was able to access http://myhost/Cocoon.xml with no problems.

    Recently I got the Cocoon-1.8 binaries and tried to install it in
the same way, but I am not able to access "Cocoon.xml", or any
other xml file, because I am getting the "Publishing engine could not be

initialised" message and the complain is about the "turbine class not
found"
even though I have the turbine-pool class in the same directory as the
Xerces, Xalan etc classes.

   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Joseph Rajkumar

Re: [Cocoon Users] Cocoon-1.8 Problem

Posted by Jason T <l-...@ahab.com>.
Classpaths only work on directories if the classes are "un-jarred".
If the classes are contained in jar files (which is no harder to set
up (unzipping vs adding classpath info but easier to administer/change
later), you have to name them specifically.  Add this to your
cocoon.properties:

wrapper.classpath=/path/to/dir/turbine-pool.jar

And all should be well.  But make sure that you are using the newer
versions of the other jar files as well, by referencing them correctly
in cocoon.properties.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 09:25:07AM -0400, Rajkumar, Joseph wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
>     I have been using apache-1.3.12, Tomcat-3.1 and Cocoon-1.7.4
> for quite some time and have not run into any installation problems.
> I was able to access http://myhost/Cocoon.xml with no problems.
>
>     Recently I got the Cocoon-1.8 binaries and tried to install it in
> the same way, but I am not able to access "Cocoon.xml", or any
> other xml file, because I am getting the "Publishing engine could not be
>
> initialised" message and the complain is about the "turbine class not
> found"
> even though I have the turbine-pool class in the same directory as the
> Xerces, Xalan etc classes.
>
>    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Many Thanks
> Joseph Rajkumar

-------------------------
      Jason Thaxter
     Flashlight Media
jason@flashlightmedia.com
 www.flashlightmedia.com
-------------------------

Re: [Cocoon Users] Cocoon-1.8 Problem

Posted by "T.Pospisek's MailLists" <tp...@spin.ch>.
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Rajkumar, Joseph wrote:

> initialised" message and the complain is about the "turbine class not
> found"
> even though I have the turbine-pool class in the same directory as the
> Xerces, Xalan etc classes.

in Jserv I had to make sure that turbine-pool was in my CLASSPATH
i.e.:

$ cat /etc/jserv/jserv.properties:
wrapper.classpath=/usr/share/java/fop_0_13_0.jar

I don't know how this works under Tomcat...
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11