Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Fu-Tung Cheng <fu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/04 03:24:33 UTC

Advanced Users Guide

I followed the application instruction at:

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html

but when I try to command line connect to the ds I get the following:

Any help appreciated.

Fu-Tung

$ ldapsearch -h localhost -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret \\ -b "" -s base "(objectClass=*)" * +
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Insufficient access (50)
        additional info: failed on search operation: Anonymous access disabled.:

    SearchRequest
        baseDn : ''
        filter : '(objectclass=*) '
        scope : base object
        typesOnly : false
no limit
        Time Limit : no limit
        Deref Aliases : never Deref Aliases
        attributes : 'supportedSASLMechanisms'
:
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapNoPermissionException: Anonymous
access disabled.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Re: Advanced Users Guide

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Fu-Tung Cheng wrote:
> I followed the application instruction at:
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html
>
> but when I try to command line connect to the ds I get the following:
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Fu-Tung
>

> $ ldapsearch -h localhost -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w secret \\ -b "" -s base "(objectClass=*)" * +

Can you try with a -x added in the command line ? The ldapsearch tool
default to SASL when this option is not set. :
 "-x     Use simple authentication instead of SASL."

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org